Thursday, May 17, 2007

From the "What's Wrong With This Picture Department"

I was standing on the platform at the Hicksville LIRR station yesterday waiting for my usual 7:06 into NYC when I heard this announcement come over the PA system: "Commuters should be aware that there will be a random search of trains stopping in Jamaica today."

- Now, if you really wanted to catch a bomb wielding terrorist would you tell him when you were searching the trains? Hmmmmmmm.... Maybe I should take an express and skip the Jamaica stop.....

News Item: An out-of-control wild fire burned 18,000 acres of forest in Little Egg Township, NJ after a New Jersey Air National Guard F-16 fighter jet dropped flares (used in combat to disorient heat seeking missles) during a training mission.

- Let me get this straight... It is brush fire season. The 9,400 acre gunnery range is experiencing dry conditions and these dudes decide to drop flares during a training exercise.

No comments: